Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Well this is my firs attempt to the blog. I finally got it to work. Please don't be to picky on my spelling, it is not one of my strong points. During the week of UEA we went to southern Utah, actually we stayed in Kanab. I want everyone to know that Kanab is really one happening spot. There was a tour bus at every hotel in town. When we went to eat dinner at Pizza Hut two busses pulled in and out jumped a football team from Arizona going to play Snow College. The school name was Pima. They are a small JUCO school and the player were very nice to us. Some of the players can over and visited with us while they waied for their pizzas. It was funny because they said that there team sucked and that they started with 85 players and they were currently down to 50. Thay said that everyone was quiing. They told Tanner that they might need him to come and suit up if the only QB go hurt. One of the players was the son of a Pro player, but I did not know the name.
We went and hicked through Bryce, Antalope canyon, horseshoe point, and the Grand Canyon. One thing that we did in Kanab was we went to see the worlds largest animal sanctuary. A ladya t work told me that it was fun. I about died. It was the longest 2.5 hours I have ever spent. We thought that you would be able to play with the animals, but they were all locked up except for the cats. That was OK, but the rest was a waste. From there we travelled to the Glen Canyon Dam for a Dam tour but no one wanted to go, so we went into Page AZ to tour Antalope Canyon. The canyon is a large slot canyon that is on the Navajo reservation. It was alittle costly but it was one of the highlight of the trip. Here are some pictures.



























It was really awesome. We met some brothers from France and they said that it was like entering a church cathedral. We had a Navajo guide and he played a Navajo flute in the cave and it was nice.
On our way to the Grand Canyon we made a stop at Horseshoe Point. It was also very impressive to see what the Colorado river some many feet below us. We were right on the edge looking over. Becky was pretty nervous and Syd sat right on the edge. I stayed back and took the pictures. Not like the story of Bryan and I and Dead Horse Point.




After this we had a 2 hour drive to the canyon and we really had to hurry to still be able to see the canyon wih any daylight. It was getting late. When we arrived at the canyon it was pretty much dark and the logde was closed for the season. We got to see just the silhouette of the canyon. I wanted to say and enjoy the time there, but the rest of the family was ready to leave, so our visit to the canyon was for a total of 20 minutes. I think we will have to go back and visit. Overall it was a funtrip and we did see some beautiful sights.
Here are some pictures of Bryce and the Grand Canyon.






I have never seen the sky so blue as I did at Bryce.












No comments: