Friday, October 10, 2008

October 10

I can't believe it October 10th Friday and we have served here for over 3 weeks now almost. The weather has been beautiful although rainy the past couple of days. It is very needed here in Georgia as they are in a drought at this time 3 years and the lakes are very low. The Lord is blessing us with rain. How great this has been. Working in the temple every day certainly gives me a sense that our Heavenly Father is very close and loves each of us very much. I have heard many stories from some of the sisters who are working in the temple who are converts and we just do not know how blessed we are to live in the family that we do and to be raised as we have. I think we take much for granted with all of our blessings and STUFF that we have. I don't think I have appreciated what I do have and all that I have enjoyed by being raised in the gospel by goodly parents.
The trees are beginning to turn and when it is another week I will get some really good autumn pictures. There are so many trees here that I can just imagine what it is like to have colors change. I remember when we went with Sue and Dan to Conneticut and the area and the trees and colors it is just as beautiful here as there.
Dad and I have been exercising every day except sunday, we have joined the Sr Center and dad goes there daily to workout. I have only been going a couple of days a week as I just cannot pass up walking out in the yards surrounding our apartment. It is so beautiful and I am not sure how much longer the weather will hold. It has been in the 60-70's for the past week actually high 70's. I still freeze everywhere. I had to buy a white sweater to wear to the temple as they always keep it so cold. I guess they think it helps keep people awake. I have had a little bit of homesickness the past two days so I just keep going and praying and know that all is well back home. We have met some wonderful people. There is a couple named Ben and Bonnie who are also working on documentation that we have come attached to and we play cards with them twice a week it has been fun. I am going to look for somewhere to have pictures taken today so I best get going as we leave for the temple at 11:45.

No comments: