Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday Oct 19th




These are pictures of our HUGE kitchen and the street in front of our apartment, the temple and then our apartment building. We walk through our parking lot to get to the temple in the afternoon at 12:00 PM when our shift begins. It is great! As you can see the trees are starting to turn. I will be attaching another picture when it does.
Well another week has gone by. We worked at the temple from tuesday through Saturday of last week except for Friday. We woke up at 4:30 AM on Friday and got dressed in our Sunday clothes with our badges on and headed out for Ft Benning GA to meet the Mission President Mathesuick and his office staff for a day at the Fort with graduation cermonies for 3 of the latter day saint recruits along with about 150 others. We met with Elder and Sister Hansen who are the missionaries at Ft Benning. They actually can not prosolite(sp) but they give support for the lds soldiers who are on the base. They have had about 29 babtisims just from referrals of other young lds men bringing friends to church in the past year. It is amazing how the Lord works his wonders. It took about 3 1/2 hours to get there. We observed a display of tanks then the graduation ceremony. It was not too long, after we had a short fireside from the missionary leader president Funk who is over the youth in that area of the church. He spoke how the South would be one of the largest areas for the church in the future as prophised by Brother Vaughn Featherstone some years ago. Already there are 3 temples in this area and they anticipate that there possibly may be 1 million saints in the future. Amazing! But it is growig rapidly over the past year. After the fireside we had lunch at a place called Johnny Torrinos it was Italian and it was very good. We then drove back home in a rain shower. Can you believe I forgot my camera that day and I am waiting for Sister Wilson to send me pictures. We did not get home until 6:00 PM that night so it was a long day.
I have been working on a quilt for Brock for Christmas and have finally gotten it done. I hope to have time to do some pillowcases for my grandchildren also. The weather here has been great about 70+ each day, and cooler at night. I think I could get used to this weather. I love serving in the temple and know that this is where the Lord wanted us to be at this time. The blessings given in some of the ordinances are amazing and it has been so good for me to hear them again and to be able to participate in them. I am so thankful for this opportunity to serve my Father in Heaven I know this church is true and I know that the Lord knows each of us individually and if we just stay close to him and pray daily he will bless us. I do look forward for each day.
We work out each day, Paul has been going to the Sr center to workout on the health rider and I go 3 times a week and walk the rest as it is too beautiful to stay inside. I think that will come soon enough.
My testimony has grown everyday. I know that God lives and that he loves us. I feel his spirit with me each day as I learn the ordinances of the temple. We are so blessed. The church is true and I am thankful for each of my children, spouses which really are my children also and my wonderful grandchildren.
November birthdays coming up, Quincie 2nd, Robert 5th, Paul 11, Preston 20, and Leah 26th WOW what a great month.

No comments: