Sunday, August 16, 2009

Today 16 August

Well here it is Sunday again. Today was our last in the small branch here in Elberton. They had a linger longer dinner after church for us. It was great. I will really miss these humble people. It is a very small group of about 30 at the most. They have a lot of challenges here in this little town. I led the music in Sacremant meeting and the rest song was Called to Serve. I was thinking as I was leading it that I had just sang this a few weeks ago in the MTC, where has the time gone. And of course I cried. Big BOOB that I am. It is really hard to lead the music and cry and the same time, runny nose and all. But hey, I mad it through. It was a very nice day. I taught Relief Society and Paul taught sunday school. They both were good if I do say so.
We are getting down on our work. We didn't think we would be through until the last minute now it looks like we will be finished by the end of this week. Finally we are getting the hang of imaging these dang books. They have been a real challenge. But we are going to finish. We are so glad. This little community will be very glad to have the records.
Last night we went with the Susan and John and Charlotte and Ron, to see Elvis, from Memphis to Las Vegas. The 2 gentlemen that sang did a great job but it was a very long show. Started at 7:00 and we finally left at 10:15 and they were still going. But we enjoyed it. On Thursday we met Tom and Bonnie Hamilton and went to dinner and drove around Lake Lanier. It is a huge lake outside of Atlanta about 30 minutes. It was a nice evening. Seems like we like to eat wherever we go. But it is fun to try all of this new stuff. and Yummuy!!!!
We have tickets to go to the BYU Oklahoma game in Dallas on the 5th, on our way home. IT will be the first to have the Dallas Cowboy stadium used it is new. That should be fun. It will just put us home later. So we should be there on the 8th sometime. Sherm and Daina will be there on the 9th. What fun to see everyone again. We are so blessed. All is well here and it sounds like all is well at home also. God watches over and blesses us daily. The thought I leave today was found on a church sign going to church this morning "The man who walks with God always knows the direction he is going." That is soOOOOOO true. I am continually thankful for the way I was raised and the role the church has played in our lives and in our families.

No comments: