Sunday, March 1, 2009

SNOW IN GEORGIA

yes You eyes are not deceiving you this is snow!!!! And it is March 1st. This is an unusual happening down here. The kids were so excited coming out of church. It started at about 12:00 and it is still coming down!!


This picture is looking out of our window from our apartment and the house across the parking lot. It is so cool!!! Like being back home in Utah. Wait a minute I thought that I was getting away from this stuff. It makes me a little homesick. However, the forecast if for sunny weather beginning next week so that I will like better. I guess they do not have equipment down here to cope with the snow so the kids are praying for school to be closed tomorrow, maybe they will get their wish or not.






We have another of our favorite Temple missionary couples that will be leaving us tomorrow. This was from their farewell dinner. It is Brother and Sister Hopkins they are from Firth Idaho. They have been here working in the temple for the past 18 months. They are very excited to go home but also sad to leave all of us and their temple work. They are great people and have been such an example for us we really have grown to love them but I am sure that their family will be anxious to have them back.
Life is good here we have been so busy I don't have time to do very much extra. Paul is still working in the temple on Saturday but I need to have another day off so I use that day to clean, wash, iron and get groceries. (Is that a day off????) Actually this past week we took Thursday off and went to see the Body Works in downtown Atlanta. They had actual human bodies on display to show how the body worked and all about it. It made me know beyond a doubt that there is a God and he has done so much for us. How else besides a God could our bodies have worked like they do? Someone had to create us and this world for us. I am thankful every day for his love and our blessings. Now is the time for us to be better prepared for the 2nd coming. We must always study and pray so that we are ready for this time. I realize every day how short our time is here on the earth. We may think that it is so busy and we will be around forever. But life passes in an instant. One day we have all of our family with us and they are young and going going, and the next they have families of their own. What a better life can we ask for. I am so thankful for the time I have had here. For the blessings I enjoy each day. Just take time and look around and enjoy!!!!
>Life is a gift. I wrote down a couple thoughts from an email or something I want to share:
Old age is like a bank account, you withdraw in later life what you deposited along the way.
These are simple guidelines to life:
1. Free you heart from hate
2. Free your mind from worry
3. Live SIMPLE
4. Give more
5. Expect Less

Oh I wish I had this engraved in my mind. It is the simple things that are the most important.
Have a good week everyone!!
March 1

No comments: